6.16.2009

I knew that felt familiar...

We went to watch "The Hangover" this past weekend, and I have to admit that I really enjoyed it. Kristen and I don't get out to see a movie in the theater often enough... we normally rely on netflix to take care of our movie needs. Ever since there was a shooting at the blockbuster, I haven't exactly felt compelled to spend any amount of time there. Yeah yeah, it was a while back.. and could happen anywhere, but I don't see the point of going to a physical location for a movie if they will ship it to me.

... and back on track.

So the movie tracks three guys in vegas making an attempt to track down a their fourth pal. You see, he's getting married in 48 hours and somehow they have lost him during a night of drunken debauchery in Vegas. While you never see exactly 100% what happened in their room that night, you get a few ideas.

Just the same, the movie felt familiar. It was, for lack of a better comparison, a combination of these two films:



Take the worst (or best, however you view it) drug binge in history and add in a wholesome buddy comedy and you'll wind up with"The Hangover."

I think I still prefer Hunter Thompson's tale over the hangover, but I tend to have a penchant for awkward humor.

No comments: