5.27.2009

a big upcoming wedding season

So we were married last September. We were planning on a Nov 1st wedding, with a rehearsal dinner on Halloween.. but it didn't work out. Actually, everything worked out better as it was.. so that's a plus.

Weddings are wonderful things to be a part of... until you get into the logistics behind them. We had a relatively small wedding, but you would've thought we were planning for 300 or so folks coming out... and now two of my friends are jumping into the same exact situation.

Adam Brown, a groomsmen, and buddy of mine from high school is getting married late this september in Florida. Thankfully, I don't have to dive into a tux for this one. Also, it's a nice trip to Florida for us. We'll be in Bradenton, over on the western coast of florida.. during prime hurricane season. Fun times. I know they're planning an indoor (in a church, nonetheless) ceremony, so that will help.

Bill and Jen (our pals in New Bern) are tying the knot on Halloween day.. outdoors.. in New Bern. I'll be the best man for this one, and I'm still avoiding a tux.. amazingly. They're planning on a rather large (in my opinion) ceremony of 150+ folks on the invite list. I know that the New Bern Convention Center is on hold for the reception, and that they're looking at catering options from this point. I'm a little jealous that they get to go through with a Halloween wedding, but I'm happy for 'em just the same.

Please, though.. no more weddings this fall... m'kay?

1 comment:

Matt said...

thanks Joe... but I'm not getting married or doing anything at all in florida other than attending the wedding.