5.14.2009

so last night kinda sucked...

6 months ago I had my wisdom teeth removed under the expert care of William Rabe. He's a great oral surgeon and I would recommend him highly... so don't think that my rant has anything to do with him, his practice, or anything like that.

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way...

After having my teeth removed, I knew that there was the possibilty that the remaining teeth could shift around a bit after having opened up a bit of space in my mouth. What I didn't realize is just how bad it would hurt if, say, a molar decided to run amok.

Last night, I think that's what happened. The top left molar (I think that's the #1?) started hurting above the tooth up into my jawbone/ear/eye/etc. I've never had something persistantly hurt like that before... and that's even comparing it to post-surgical pain from the wisdom teeth. The only comparison I can think of would be someone banging a wall anchor into my molar and slowly spreading it open over the course of a few hours.

I thought that I would take advantage of the last percocet that I had from the oral surgery to help me doze off last night, but it didn't work. Yeah, a percocet didn't really cut through much of the pain at all. Not fun. After 3 or so hours with very very mild relief, I finally took 2 more advil and tried to sleep it off.

Miraculously, it isn't throbbing in my head this morning so far... but it does indeed feel... different. Here's hoping that tonight won't be a replay.

No comments: