8.20.2008

"He gave up his ghost to heaven and we will miss him always"

I've spent years as a fan of the Dave Matthews Band... and I'm keeping that as a conservative description. As a musician, I kept it my goal to learn every song they've churned out... released, or unreleased.

It's hard to explain in a blog what the music that these guys produced has meant to me. It has pulled me through rough times and helped me celebrate wonderful little moments in my life... and one of the founding members of the band has left us.

One of the multi-instrumentalist for the Dave Matthews Band, LeRoi Moore, has passed away. He hadn't been on this past tour due to injuries that he received after an ATV accident in June. My fiancee and I attended a show on July 4th of this past year, and was astounded... as I tend to be at their shows.



We left the show, talking about the next one that we could go to. We left with a sense of anticipation and joy...


and it has since been, as of 8:12 this morning, completely emptied out with nothing to take its place.

what a sad, sad day.


Rest high above the clouds my friend, no restrictions.

No comments: