8.13.2008

working for the weekend


The very idea of starting off my saturday morning at Carolina Coffee and Tea is something that thrills me beyond compare. Being a coffee snob at heart, I've been hard-pressed to find a more outstanding cup of coffee anywhere around the Piedmont.


No, no... I'm not talking about Lattes or Cappucino.. I'm talking about a cup of coffee. Just hot, filtered water over freshly roasted and ground coffee beans. That is the essence of the cup. If you can't get a good cup of coffee, how can you expect a good latte? Just the same... I'm fully expecting a double espresso first, and a medium mild blend coffee afterwards.


...it's all about the crema. You won't find anyone at a big-box coffeeshop, or many mom and pop places that can pull a great shot of espresso. I could... but that's why I'm a snob now.


That would explain why I'm ridiculously happy about the espresso and coffee that I'll have Saturday... I know it's quality.


I get fitted for my tuxedo this weekend as well.


...and we put together wedding programs.


I'll try to get some pictures of the odd parking that we have now too, I'm tracking down the charger for my other digital camera.
With all of this to look forward too, I admit to working for the weekend as of this moment.

No comments: