8.12.2008

who's next?

Any running bets on the next restaurant that will actually serve? There have been quite a few gas stations/locations for off-premises sales, but we've yet to see another restaurant jump on-board.

Who is going to give those hard working (a lot of wait-staff working double shifts, 7 days a week to accomodate the change) people at Rock-Ola a break?

Chilis?
Sagebrush?
San Felipe?
Burrito Brothers?
Timothys?
Something Different?
Pizza Hut?
Olde Towne Deli?
Bamboo Garden?
Blue Mist?
Mayflower?
Sapporo? (beer and sushi go well together...)
Tuscany? (Wine and italian food? who would've imagined!)
Quotables? (miiiiight have to stay open longer than just lunch though...)
Coaches?
Zekos? (beer and pizza work well too...)

Just a few examples to ponder...

I know Sir Pizza has vowed to never serve... and there are few places that I don't think would consider it. I've never seen alcohol served in a buffet style restaurant, and I really don't think many people want an Asheboro Libre with their Biscuitville bacon platter.

Just the same, who do YOU think is going to be the next to dive in?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear that Sagebrush and Chilis have both applied for their permits and will be up and running as quickly as they can get their bars built. I also hear that the Downtown Soda Shop will extend their hours to 8pm and will be serving cold bottled beer. Burrito Brothers is also in the process of completing their paper work. And contrary to the flat out lies that some local blogger seems intent on spreading, Rock-Ola hasn't turned into a "rowdy" place, but rather a very "happy, joyful" place where folks who graduated with one another 20 and thirty years ago are FINALLY seeing one another out and about again. You know, some folks should take their OWN advice and MOVE if they don't like it! LMAO! Couldn't resist that one!

Thanks for the great new blog! And lots of luck and happiness on your upcoming marriage!

Matt said...

wow, I haven't seen those particular comments about Rockola... where is that from? can you hook me up with a link?

also, thanks for the well-wishes Anonymous.

Matt said...

actually yeah, I just read her blog... and there are reasons that I hadn't heard it.

there's only so much one-track posting that I can take and I haven't taken much of a look at that particular blog in a while.
Everything doesn't have to turn to bashing someone.

I absolutely cannot wait to get a drink at Burrito Brothers.

anyway, thanks again for the comments and well-wishing.

TruBlu said...

LOL...I see you found the link! I don't read her stuff either, but friends of mine read it just to shake their heads and call me when she gets really pathetic.

Looking forward to a margarita at Burrito Brothers soon myself!

And I understand that GP will be having his beer and wine sales up and running soon downtown at the Coffee Exchange. His plans for a wine bar upstairs sound perfect for after-work meets.

Matt said...

Same here.

a downtown after-hours winebar would be lovely, and the second floor/upstairs of the coffee exchange would be ideal. Overlooking Sunset from the windows above would be perfect. There are so many possibilities downtown that it boggles the mind.

I've yet to hear any details about a winebar, but it already has my attention.

Matt said...

I will add this though...

if someone wants to take a good look at how a downtown area wine-bar would work, look at the Cru Wine Bar in Beaufort, NC

http://www.thisweekmag.com/RestaurantArchive/CruWineBar.htm

Crochet Goddess said...

I can't wait until I can have salsa and a margarita!!! I love both San Felpie and Burrito Brothers. My daughter and I went to Rock ola for lunch on Saturday and it was so nice for us to have a drink with our lunch. I hope you post pictures of your wedding. Good Luck.