8.06.2008

have a beer at Rockola...?

It was interesting to see the Red Oak van on the news last night... sitting out in front/beside of the Rockola.

My Fiance and I had our first date at the Red Oak Brewpub in Greensboro near Guilford College.

good times, good nachos, and great dark beer.

Hopefully the Easy Mart will have it... since they've applied for their permit.
http://www.ncabc.com/search/business.aspx?bid=148153

If they don't, I'm sure Food Lion won't let me down.
http://www.ncabc.com/search/business.aspx?bid=148164

then again, if they don't have the Red Oak beer, at least I can have a wine tasting at Oakie Mountain Shopping center.

or over at the other Food Lion on 49.. since they apparently have it permits too...
http://www.ncabc.com/search/business.aspx?bid=148166


that said, any of the 200 people that were at Rockola last night, what beers are they offering?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you had the Asheboro Libre at Rockola yet?

Matt said...

not yet... what IS that again? I heard the radio interview that mentioned the drink, but can't remember what goes in it exactly.

I want to say that there is some form of rum going on, but I'm not sure what else.

enlighten me?

Making an MPACT said...

Ashboro Libre:

Why of course Sweet Tea, Lemon Rum

I created it on the night of the election because it seemed fitting. Rockola makes a good one!

http://thejoelburger.blogspot.com/

Matt said...

I'll have to give it a try... I was imagining spiced rum and.. that, well.. that kinda turned the stomach.

but lemon rum / sweet tea, I can see how that'd work.

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy!

Rob Alan said...

Beer yes! Libre, no thanks!

Anonymous said...

More for the rest of us then!

More importantly we now have the right, or the libre, to make a choice and not made for us.

Jeffrey Lebowski said...

Had a couple of Red Oaks last night at Rockola. Really hit the spot.

Matt said...

Jeff, which red oak do they have? Red Oak is good by itself, but their battlefield black is like candy.

Jeffrey Lebowski said...

As far as I'm aware, they just have the original Red Oak. Didn't sit at the bar area, but that's the only Red Oak tap I saw when walking by. Outside of the Red Oak brewery, I can't remember seeing the other varieties, except perhaps at Natty's or Old Town.

Matt said...

No worries and thanks for the update. I'll have to leap onto a pint of red oak when I get the chance.

That is, of course, after I pick up a growler of their battlefield.

Amy said...

I had a Yuengling that night... very yummy and a great memory! I still can't believe we can drink in Asheboro!

Anonymous said...

last night attended the Mayberry Tribute in Troy. While there, Otis said he can't wait to get an Asheboro Libre!